We are circulating this information as widely as possible to clear up any confusion about tuition support for Lakeshore Camp this summer.
For the past several years, the church has automatically paid ½ of the camp tuition for every child who attended summer camp at Lakeshore. In an effort to be good stewards of our church’s time and resources, this support is still available to every child in the church, but families must opt-in in order to receive it.
If your child is going to Lakeshore and you DO NEED the church to cover ½ of the tuition, please follow these instructions.
1. On the paper registration, fill out this box with all necessary information.
- Church Name: Medina FUMC (You MUST put Medina FUMC; not 1st Methodist)
- Billing Address: P.O. Box 158 Medina, TN 38355
- Pastor’s Name: Mary Beth Bernheisel
- Church Phone: 731-783-3230
- Charge Approved by: Mary Beth Bernheisel (Our arrangement with Lakeshore is that you do not need my signature. This is to maintain your family’s confidentiality. See note below)
- Total amount due = the Tier 3 price of the camp your child is attending
- Less amt church to pay = ½ of the Tier 3 price of the camp your child is attending
- Total payment = ½ of the Tier 3 price of the camp your child is attending
Please Note: If you choose to receive ½ tuition from the church, neither I nor any other church staff member will know that you received assistance. Our arrangement with Lakeshore is that they are to bill us for the total amount our church members have requested without revealing the identities of the recipients. We hope that this relieves the potential anxiety of needing to ask for help directly. However, any tuition requests above ½ of the Tier 3 tuition WILL require pastoral approval.
If your child is going to Lakeshore and you DO NEED the church to cover more than ½ of the tuition contact Mary Beth at 731-293-8837.
If your child is going to Lakeshore and you DO NOT NEED the church to cover ½ of the tuition simply register your child as usual using either the paper registration or the online registration form (https://lakeshorecamp.org/summer-camp/registration/)
If you want to PROVIDE SUPPORT for the children of Medina FUMC attending Lakeshore, you are ALWAYS welcome to give directly to the Lakeshore Scholarship Fund either in the office or in the offering plate. Please let us know that your gift should be used specifically for Lakeshore scholarships.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact the church!
Blessings to all!